Hollen Controls provides professional services in the areas of process controls, equipment maintenance, equipment supply, systems integration and electrical contracting. The target market of this organization is the municipal water and wastewater sector, the renewable energy sector and airport infrastructure.
As an Electrician with Hollen Controls Limited you will be required to install, connect, test, and maintain electrical systems for a variety of purposes. The incumbent may also install and maintain electronic controls for new construction projects and have the ability to perform maintenance and troubleshooting activities at existing facilities for our valued clients. The incumbent will provide exceptional customer service and keep clear and concise daily records. There will be occasional on-call responsibilities. Territory of work will include Southern Ontario.
Aside from the specific areas identified herein, there are other duties which characterize this position. They include:
- The ability to read blueprints for the installation of electrical systems ensuring electrical compatibility and safety of components.
- In addition, you may be required to install coaxial or fibre optic cable for computers and other telecommunications equipment.
- You may be required to connect motors to electrical power and install electronic controls for industrial equipment.
- You will provide preventive maintenance and periodically inspect equipment and locate and correct problems before breakdowns occur or make necessary repairs as quickly as possible in order to minimize inconvenience.
- Provide assistance to our instrumentation group.
- Provide technical support.
- Routinely perform tasks as directed by your Manager.
- Provide daily records of tasks performed.
At the present time there are no supervisory responsibilities.
Electrical Coordinator, Operations Division
There are currently no budget responsibilities in this position.
Physical: Occasional overnight travel; incumbent must be available to travel as needed. Some evening/and or weekend work required beyond the standard work week due to deadlines and project timelines. The incumbent is required to carry supplies, reaching, bending, stretching, heavy lifting and climbing. The incumbent may be required to work in confined spaces; work while standing on a ladder or platform elevated above ground and may work with low voltage.
Mental:A challenging and fast paced work environment including multiple tasks, prioritizing and independent work.
Environment:May have to travel across rough, uneven or rocky surfaces to access equipment. Exposure to anything that is associated with a typical construction site including varying temperatures, dust and noise.
Sensory:Required to follow codes. Attention to detail when working with electricity. Operates specialized equipment. Reading code books and blueprints.
- Must hold an Ontario Electrical License; 309A preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in the construction industry preferred
- Knowledge of principles, theories, and practices of electricity and electronics.
- Knowledge of installation, repair and maintenance of electrical systems and equipment.
- Knowledge of applicable laws, rules, regulations and/or policies and procedures.
- Must have a valid Class “G” Driver’s License and be capable of traveling.
- Must have own hand tools and personal protective equipment.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Must sign Company’s standard confidentiality and non-solicitation agreements.
- Must be health and safety conscious.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.