Hollen Controls Limited (HCL) is a specialty company that provides environmental agencies such as the municipal water and wastewater sector with quality SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) System Solutions, Systems Integration, Instrument Calibrations, Electrical Contracting and Custom Control Panel Assembly.
- The incumbent will be required to have knowledge of Human Machine Interface (HMI) development, installation and testing as well as Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) programming. The incumbent will also be responsible for the development and installation of reliable and accurate data Collection and Reporting modules that are part of the SCADA system solutions for the water and wastewater sector.
Aside from the specific areas identified herein, there are other duties which characterize this position. They include
- Control Panel Design and Shop Drawing procurement.
- Ensure design proposals meet customer needs and monitor implementation for technical correctness.
- Interpret electrical, instrumentation and control system drawings.
- On a rotating basis, will carry an on-call pager for emergency call-outs.
- Perform tasks as directed by Project Managers.
- Provide daily records of tasks performed.
At the present time there are no supervisory responsibilities.
Manager, Systems & Project Management.
There are currently no budgetary responsibilities.
Physical: Occasional overnight travel; incumbent must be available to travel as needed. Some evening and/or weekend work required beyond the standard work week due to deadlines and project timelines. This position requires sitting for long periods of time and incumbent must have strong dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and other computer components.
Mental: A challenging and fast paced work environment including multiple tasks, prioritizing and independent work.
Environment: May have to travel across rough, uneven or rocky surfaces to access equipment. Exposure to anything that is associated with a typical construction site including varying temperatures, dust and noise.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Post-secondary education required. Electrical Technologist or Engineer preferred
- 1 to 3 years experience
- Strong customer service orientation
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high pressure environment.
- Good written, oral and interpersonal communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Keen attention to detail
- Team-oriented and skilled in working within a collaborative environment
- Must have valid Class “G” Driver’s License and be capable of traveling.
- Must sign Company’s standard confidentiality and non-solicitation agreements.
- Must be health and safety conscious.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.