Hollen Controls Limited (HCL) is a specialty company that provides environmental agencies such as the municipal water and wastewater sector with quality SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) System Solutions, Systems Integration, Instrument Calibrations, Electrical Contracting and Custom Control Panel Assembly.
- This position reports to the Operations Manager. The incumbent is required to interpret electrical, instrumentation and control system drawings/schematics and assist with AutoCad drawings and design, technical support, quoting, tender closing, and PLC development.
Aside from the specific areas identified herein, there are other duties which characterize this position. They include
- Routinely performs tasks as directed by Manager.
- Provides daily record of tasks performed.
- Handles multiple projects within a fast paced environment and is open to constant challenges and change.
- Develops and maintains positive working relationships and provides technical support with all contacts inside and outside.
- Assembles enclosures for power and control circuits as per Manager’s instructions.
- Orders all parts required for control panels.
- Performs panel FATs
- Assists with shop submittals
At the present time there are no supervisory responsibilities.
There are currently no budgetary responsibilities.
Physical: Occasional overnight travel; incumbent must be available to travel as needed. Some evening and/or weekend work required beyond the standard work week due to deadlines and project timelines. This position requires sitting for long periods of time and incumbent must have strong dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, power tools, and other computer components.
Mental: A challenging and fast paced work environment including multiple tasks, prioritizing and independent work.
Environment: May have to travel across rough, uneven or rocky surfaces to access equipment. Exposure to anything that is associated with a typical construction site including varying temperatures, dust and noise.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Post-secondary education required. Electrical Technologist or Engineer preferred
- 3-5 years experience
- Strong computer skills including MS Word, Excel, Outlook and AutoCad
- Good organizational, strong analytical, problem-solving and decision-making abilities
- Ability to interpret instructions in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Contract procurement skills
- Proactive in ensuring job knowledge is current
- Keen attention to detail
- Must have valid Class “G” Driver’s License and be capable of traveling
- Must be self-motivated and able to manage time in an efficient and effective manner; exhibits a strong sense of own capabilities
- Must be able to work in a team environment and is collaborative in dealing with customers and fellow employees
- Demonstrates honesty, integrity and ethical conduct
- Accepts ownership and accountability for own actions and is adaptable to change
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.