Hollen Controls Limited (HCL) is a specialty company that provides environmental agencies such as the municipal water and wastewater sector with quality SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) System Solutions, Systems Integration, Instrument Calibrations, Electrical Contracting and Custom Control Panel Assembly.
The position reports to the Manager, Project Management Division and the company Project Management Team. The incumbent will install, maintain, repair, calibrate and test a wide variety of electronic equipment and instruments including, but not limited to, specialized computers, relays, photo-electric sensors, flow meters, measuring devices, pressure and temperature transducers, telemetry and SCADA systems, and programmable logic controllers. He/she will be able to read and interpret circuit diagrams, ladder logic, construction drawings, service and repair manuals; and prepares plans and specifications for the procurement of parts and supplies on assigned projects. Ensures that proper safety precautions and safe work methods are followed; prepares and maintains accurate maintenance and repair records; extracts data and presents oral and written reports; uses and maintains a wide variety of tools and test equipment; and trains employees as assigned. The incumbent will install, maintain and analyze malfunctions of computerized control devices, control and instrument loops, instruments for activated sludge systems, water treatment and SCADA system and make needed repairs.
Aside from the specific areas identified herein, there are other duties which characterize this position. They include
- The ability to diagnose malfunctions in a variety of electronic and instrumentation systems; read and interpret electrical and mechanical drawings, plans and specifications.
- Use and care of tools and test equipment used in maintaining and repairing electrical, electronic and instrumentation systems and equipment.
- Assist the Sales Department with cost estimates of labour and materials; maintain detailed records; and make oral and written reports.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships in the course of work.
- Demonstrate continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
- Must have extensive knowledge of electronic equipment; personal computers, operational and maintenance software programs; methods, tools and equipment used to maintain, repair, test, calibrate and perform preventive maintenance on a wide variety of electronic and instrumentation systems.
At the present time there are no supervisory responsibilities.
Manager, Project Management Division.
There are currently no budgetary responsibilities.
Physical: Occasional overnight travel; incumbent must be available to travel as needed. Some evening and/or weekend work required beyond the standard work week due to deadlines and project timelines. The incumbent may be required to carry supplies, reaching, bending, stretching, heavy lifting and climbing. The incumbent may be required to work in confined spaces; work while standing on a ladder or platform elevated above ground.
Mental: A challenging and fast paced work environment including multiple tasks, prioritizing and independent work.
Environment: May have to travel across rough, uneven or rocky surfaces to access equipment. Exposure to anything that is associated with a typical construction site including varying temperatures, dust and noise.
Sensory: Following required codes. Operating specialized equipment. Reading code books and blueprints.
- Completion of a recognized certification in the process control and/or instrumentation field.
- Skill in use and care of tools and equipment, including calibration test equipment, common hand tools, volt and amp meters.
- Have valid Class “G” Driver’s License and be capable of travelling.
- Must be mathematically inclined in order to analyze and convert test data to usable form.
- Be able to prepare graphs and written reports to translate test results.
- Experience in process control or instrumentation installation, maintenance, or repair.
- Communicate orally with co-workers in face-to-face one-to-one settings in order to troubleshoot equipment problems.
- Observe or monitor moving objects or data to determine compliance with prescribed operating or safety standards.
- Must sign Company’s standard confidentiality and non-solicitation agreements.
- Must be health and safety conscious.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their resume to email@example.com
We thank all applicants for their interest, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.